About Me

My photo
I'm a 23 year old Business Systems Analyst planning a DIY-heavy wedding to the love of my life on 9 . 10 . 11. Other then wedding planning, I spend most of my time trying to stay in shape or playing with my 3 dogs...Gabby, Dudley, and Tyson. I hate cleaning and almost never go a day without wearing something purple, and I hope you can keep up with my ADD blogging style!

Friday, January 14, 2011

A Weight Watchers Pep-Talk

So, I've been PMing about weight watchers with a few of the members of Weddingbee, and yesterday I gave a pretty darn good pep talk to one of them (if I do say so myself) and I think I'd like to share it with the world because anyone who has joined Weight Watchers has gone through a period of time where they freak out, wonder if they're doing everything right, are afraid to live a normal life, etc.

Later today I plan on doing a full recap of my workouts from this week (from this day forward known as "Fitness Recap Friday") but for now, here is a little pep talk for fellow Weight Watchers who may be freaking out a little:


First of all, deep breaths!  The fact alone that you're trying is what matters.  It isn't easy; if it was everyone would love their bodies because everyone would be at their own ideal weight.
Second of all, your weeklies are there for you to use them!  There was never a week where I didn't use ANY of them, they're built into the plan so you will still lose weight even if you eat them!

Thirdly, sometimes life gets in the way of the gym - you can't beat yourself up over it.  I know it's easier said then done, but seriously you can't go back in time, so don't dwell on it, instead think of ways to improve going forward.

And finally, HAVE FUN THIS WEEKEND!  My best advice would be to drink as much water as possible (I use other drinks as *treats*) and never be afraid to ask how something is cooked.  I do it all the time.  If a restaurant doesn't have the nutrition facts of their menu readily available (which some do, so don't be afraid to ask for that either) I grill them about the preparation.  Yes, I may look a little crazy, but that's what they get for not having the nutritional information for me! haha  And never be afraid to ask to have something cooked a specific way - wanna make sure there's no butter on the salmon, just say "And please make sure the salmon is just grilled, not cooked in butter".

Stop worrying yourself, the first few weeks are really tough!  But this program is meant to work WITH life, not against it; so you can go on mini vacations and indulge every once and while.  You'll get the hang of it as you go along, and as usual, dont' be afraid to ask questions!

I think in my past life I was a motivational speaker...hahaha, you have to toot your own horn every once and a while!  But seriously, I know I went through tough patches while getting the hang of weight watchers, heck I still am (damn maintenance)!  But like I said, it's meant to work with life, not against it, and I know that we can all be successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment