About Me

My photo
I'm a 23 year old Business Systems Analyst planning a DIY-heavy wedding to the love of my life on 9 . 10 . 11. Other then wedding planning, I spend most of my time trying to stay in shape or playing with my 3 dogs...Gabby, Dudley, and Tyson. I hate cleaning and almost never go a day without wearing something purple, and I hope you can keep up with my ADD blogging style!

Friday, April 29, 2011

Fitness Recap Friday! And an update on the tubes in my ears...

Happy Friday everybody!  It wasn't my best week, but it definitely wasn't my worst either!  My shoulder got really bad throughout the day on Friday (it was hard for me to run errands, nevermind even think about working out) so I took the weekend off.  If there's one thing I know for sure, it isn't worth it to "push through the pain" and workout anyways, I'm much better off letting myself heal and then being able to actually workout full force.

But, I'm still doing my Turbo Fire program!  After how many weeks (almost 6 in all) I'm almost done with the first month of the schedule, lol, but I'm still really enjoying it.  In fact, I think I like it more now since I've gotten used to Chalene's cues and the choreography in general so I can workout harder without having to think so much!

Monday I did HIIT 20 Sculpt 30; love the resistance training in this program.  I actually makes me want to invest in the advanced DVDs which focus more on strength training than cardio.  HIIT20 isn't my favorite, I get kinda bored while doing it to be quite honest, but it definitely makes me sweat!

Tuesday I took off, still letting my shoulder heal and I was running around like a mad woman to get an Etsy order in the mail (for the most adorable cocktail napkins - you can see them here) so I chose to take a day off!

Wednesday was HIIT 20 Stretch 10.  Again, I'm not a huge fan of the HIIT20 workout, and I'm a little disappointed that they only really include 1 stretching routine (they just put the same one on every DVD in the program) because it gets kinda old.  But whatever, it's a good stretch routine, I would just like to be able to mix it up every now and again, know what I mean?

Thursday was Fire 55 EZ, but my stomach was kinda bothering me so I wasn't able to put as much into the workout as I would have liked.  Still definitely feel a greater sense of accomplishment after a Fire workout than a HIIT workout for sure!

Tonight is supposed to be a Core workout and an extended stretch (the one that I think is super boring) and I haven't decided if I'm going to do it or not.  I think I want to at least do the Core portion, but that kind of depends on what Bryan and I are doing tonight!

How was your week workout wise?

Oh, and an update on my ear-tubes.  Lately I've been feeling/hearing my pulse in my left ear.  It comes and goes, but sometimes it'll last for hours and make me feel like I'm losing my mind.  I was able to get an appointment with my Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor this morning and apparently that's normal and the only way to fix it would be to remove the tube.  Since it isn't happening all the time, I don't want to remove the tube since I can finally ride an elevator without being in excruciating pain, but if it gets any worse I might have to.  It's really hard to concenctrate when you're hearing/feeling your pulse in your head!  So, everyone, fingers crossed that it stops (because it might just stop)!

And, my hearing isn't back to 100% what it was before the surgery, but that isn't anything to worry about.  I'm not having trouble hearing people, and it should continue to get better as time goes on.

On a completely un-related note...does it look like Chalene Johnson has implants?

Source

Source
 This one is the kicker:
Source
Because seriously...as I get in better shape my boobs seem to just melt away.  I want her boobs.  Is that a weird thing to say?  Yup.  Is it the truth?  Heck yes! 

1 comment:

  1. my chest disappears when I work out/lose weight as well. It's a hard trade off :-)

    ReplyDelete