About Me

My photo
I'm a 23 year old Business Systems Analyst planning a DIY-heavy wedding to the love of my life on 9 . 10 . 11. Other then wedding planning, I spend most of my time trying to stay in shape or playing with my 3 dogs...Gabby, Dudley, and Tyson. I hate cleaning and almost never go a day without wearing something purple, and I hope you can keep up with my ADD blogging style!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

When your life is as hectic as mine, portability is key!

Seriously!  I work full time, have an Etsy shop, try to workout at least 5 times a week, cook dinner every night, planning a wedding (and crafting for said wedding), have to see the guy I'm marrying every once and a while (lol), and have to make time for the 3 dogs and 2 cats whom I love so dearly.  My life is seriously crazy!

But there are some things that just make it easier to get everything done, like my Gypsy.  I love being able to design die-cut layouts while on the go!  It is not unusual for me to be on the T on my way to work designing something either for my wedding or for the Etsy shop!

And what's even better than that is my Ultimate Crafter's Companion!  I know I've talked about it on here at some point, but I'm now fully taking advantage of how portable it really is.

I have an Etsy order that I really need to finish up and get in the mail for 70 save the date magnets (which turned out amazing) and 70 coordinating custom envelopes.  Well, there just aren't enough hours in the day so yesterday and today I brought my Crafter's Companion with me to work to make the envelopes during my lunch!  I had already printed/cut them, I just needed to score and fold them (which is exactly what the Crafter's Companion is for).  And I may look like a weirdo for carrying around a hard, pink briefcase looking thing (on top of my laptop back and tote with my shoes and food in it) but it is allowing me to make full use of my time!  Check it out:
Enveloping side


All the tools you could dream of needing

My supplies for my order!
So yesterday I made half of the envelopes during my lunch, and today I'll make the other half so I can get these suckers out the door!

Isn't it great when something as simple as a hard, pink briefcase looking thing makes your life easier and more productive?

1 comment:

  1. I bought my first slide cutter yesterday. Regular little paper cutter..haha but I saw something like this and I wondered what it was...I have no idea what half the things are in the scrap booking sections

    ReplyDelete