About Me

My photo
I'm a 23 year old Business Systems Analyst planning a DIY-heavy wedding to the love of my life on 9 . 10 . 11. Other then wedding planning, I spend most of my time trying to stay in shape or playing with my 3 dogs...Gabby, Dudley, and Tyson. I hate cleaning and almost never go a day without wearing something purple, and I hope you can keep up with my ADD blogging style!

Monday, May 16, 2011

I enjoy making cards WAY too much!

This past Saturday we went to Bryan's parent's house to celebrate his cousins Birthday.  She just turn 9, and I adore her; she totally reminds me of myself when I was 9.  I had WAY too much fun picking out a present for her (we got her 2 of my favorite books from when I was around her age - and yes, she actually enjoys reading, which I love - a friendship bracelet making kit and a purse decorating kit) and then had even more fun wrapping the present and making her card!

I used my Sweet Treats cartridge for my cricut and based my card off of this lovely video:
And here is my final product:




I LOVE IT!  And, what I love even more is that after she opened her present, she pulled that fabric flower off the ribbon and attached it to the headband she was wearing.  Not only did it match perfectly (completely by coincidence) but it looked effing adorable!

If you like making cards, I would 100% recommend the Sweet Treats Cartridge, it has so many fun shapes and card cut-outs!

Did you make any fun crafts this weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Just found your blog from the weddingbee forum and would love to share experiences doing DIY projects. This post just inspired me to FINALLY buy a cricut!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am beyond impressed. I don't think I could do that even with the right cricut cartridge.

    ReplyDelete