About Me

My photo
I'm a 23 year old Business Systems Analyst planning a DIY-heavy wedding to the love of my life on 9 . 10 . 11. Other then wedding planning, I spend most of my time trying to stay in shape or playing with my 3 dogs...Gabby, Dudley, and Tyson. I hate cleaning and almost never go a day without wearing something purple, and I hope you can keep up with my ADD blogging style!

Friday, March 25, 2011

Fitness Recap Friday!!!

And I wasn't completely lazy this week!!!!

As you may recall, last Friday I got the TurboFire Workout Program, and Saturday I did my first workout!  I really liked it!  It was fun, pushed me to my limits, and it definitely made me sweat.  Now, if I was following the program 100% I should have worked out again on Sunday, but I didn't.  You see, under this program, which is 20 weeks long, you are supposed to work out 6 times a week (except for the 2 "recovery weeks" where you only have to workout 5 times).  That is not realistic for me.  Not only do I not have the time, but I'm pretty sure my joints would start a revolt and wouldn't work for me anymore and I'd basically be paralyzed.  Okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but still...My joints creek and pop enough, I don't want to test their limits.

So, Sunday I didn't workout, but Monday I did day 2 of Turbo Fire (HIIT 15 Stretch 10).  Good golly was that an intense 15 minutes!!!  Fun fact: your shins are the last part of your body to start sweating.  Crazy fact:  my shins were sweating about 10 minutes into that workout...I don't think my shins have ever started to sweat in that time frame before! 

Then Tuesday I didn't workout, but Wednesday I did my second round of Fire 30 Stretch 10 - and I enjoyed it as much as I did the first time!  It's upbeat and not too repetitive, and honestly I just enjoy doing it.

And yesterday I didn't workout, but I'm hoping to get myself to tonight.  I think my plan is to follow the order in which the program lays out the workouts, just adding more "rest days" then it actually lays out for you.  What do you think?  Do you think it's feasible to commit to working out 6 days a week?  Because honestly, I don't!

1 comment:

  1. Noooo... I try for 3 times a week and I still can't make that! I usually do at least 1 - 3 times in a gym but Shawn_bunnay and I go wilderness walking/climbing in the woods 2-3 times a week, too. As long as you're moving I think it's fine.

    ReplyDelete