About Me

My photo
I'm a 23 year old Business Systems Analyst planning a DIY-heavy wedding to the love of my life on 9 . 10 . 11. Other then wedding planning, I spend most of my time trying to stay in shape or playing with my 3 dogs...Gabby, Dudley, and Tyson. I hate cleaning and almost never go a day without wearing something purple, and I hope you can keep up with my ADD blogging style!

Saturday, February 19, 2011

I Would Be{e} Jealous If I were You...

...and you didn't get to come to the Pittsburgh Weddingbee Meetup today at Bocktown!

We have 15 total RSVPs, but I don't expect all of them to show up.  But for the ladies that do, I made these lovely little name tags...

Supplies needed include...paper cutter, random craft supplies in a zebra print tote (basically I needed glue out of there), Cricut Expression, 2 different cartridges (Create a Critter and Plantin Schoolbook), paper, and my new Xyron 510 Sticker Machine:
First I used the Create a Critter Cartridge and black cardstock to cut out the base layer:

Then I used sparkly yellow cardstock for the second layer and glued it down with Elmer's No-Wrinkle Glue:

 For the wings (the third layer of the Bees) I used blue sparkly cardstock and the same glue:
 Then, since my Cricut is still technically broken and I have to manually push down the blade (long story) instead of trying and completely messing up the faces I just lifted the blade when it should have been cutting the eyes and mouths and used a permanent marker to draw on the faces:
I then used the Plantin cartridge to cut out little speech bubbles (which will be where everyone writes their names) and glued those to the back of the antenna of the Bees using Zig Glue Pen (this is a must for detail gluing!!!).

Once I was sure all the glue was dry, I sent them through the Xyron to be laminated for an extra finished look:
 I'll bring permanent markers for the girls to write their names and double sided tape to fix them to their shirt!  I think they're absolutely adorable and I can't wait to go to the meet-up and share them with fellow Pittsburgh Hive Members!

And just because I like to show off, I also made the coolest card (a purse card) and box for FSIL for her Birthday.  She's turning 20 and for spring break she's going to Italy so fi and I got her $100 USD worth of Euros, and since I hate giving gifts without something tangible in it, I went to Burlington Coat Factory and found an adorable wallet to put the Euros in (the wallet is now in the box).

I didn't take any "how to" picutres, but I made this all with my Ultimate Crafter's Companion (the instructions for the purse card are on the DVD that comes with it) and here's the final product:

B for Brittany

How exciting...it pops out! haha

Happy Birthday in Italian (I stamped it with acrylic stamps)

The closed box - yes I added the rhinestones by hand

The whole box

The whole gift!
I'm quite impressed with myself!

Have you done any fun crafts lately?

3 comments: