About Me

My photo
I'm a 23 year old Business Systems Analyst planning a DIY-heavy wedding to the love of my life on 9 . 10 . 11. Other then wedding planning, I spend most of my time trying to stay in shape or playing with my 3 dogs...Gabby, Dudley, and Tyson. I hate cleaning and almost never go a day without wearing something purple, and I hope you can keep up with my ADD blogging style!

Friday, February 11, 2011

Fitness Recap Friday!

And I actually have a decent recap for you!  Woohoo!

Saturday - I did not work out.  But I became a Lifetime Weight Watchers Member!

Sunday - I did all 5 segments of my "10 Minute Solutions: 5 Day Get Fit Mix" DVD.
The 5 segments are:
Cardio Kickboxing
In this cardio kickboxing segment, you will burn up the calories, knockout the fat, and achieve a sleek looking physique.

Fat Blasting Intervals
This workout gives you the best of both worlds with intervals of cardio and strength training. These intervals are one of the fastest ways to transform your body and see results quickly.

Power Yoga
It’s important to take time to connect with your body and keep your body balanced with flexibility training. Using this yoga flow you will become more agile and more flexible.

Belly Fat Burner This series of belly blasting exercises will work the 6-pack, strengthen the lower back and zap away any love handles. Consider it a short-cut to the best abs you’ve ever had!

Lean Body Sculpt
Make the most of every minute with compound moves that work your upper and lower body at the same time. This type of sculpting leads to leaner bodies because it increases muscle mass which can raise your metabolic rate and melt away unwanted fat.

I really like this DVD.  The moves are a little fast paced, so if you're a beginner it might be a little discouraging, but if you have a history of doing kickboxing or choreography of any type this DVD is super fun.  And I love the Yoga section.  You go through the Sun Salutations and the Warrior Pose series in a way that really works your muscles.  Definitely recommend it!

I also did Week 1 Day 1 of the Hundred Push Up Program (yes, again).

Monday - I did all 5 Segments of "10 Minute Solutions: Pilates Perfect Body.
The 5 Segments for this DVD are:
Pilates Perfect Arms
Use light hand weights and your own body weight to beautifully sculpt your arms while also working your shoulders, upper back, and chest

Pilates Perfect Belly
Whittle your waist and flatten your tummy while you strengthen your entire core with innovative twists on traditional Pilates moves.

Pilates perfect Buns & Thighs
This modern taken one classic mat Pilates will give you a perfectly toned and lifted lower body.

Pilates Perfect Silhouette
Compound Pilates exercises will efficiently tighten and tone all the right places, sculpting sexy curves where you want them and creating a gorgeous body line

Pilates Perfect Stretch
Using fluid motion, this stretch will make your everyday movements look more effortless and improve your posture, which is a key part of the Pilates Perfect Body.
The arm section and the lower body section are surprisingly tough, I was definitely feeling it the next day.  And I really like this instructor, she's pretty chill but motivational at the same time.  When I'm doing Pilates I don't want like Jillian Michaels screaming at me, know what I mean?  And I can only hope that someday my core is as strong as this woman's!  She is a machine!  Definitely recommend this as a Pilates DVD.

Tuesday - I started my day off shoveling the driveway, and yes, I do count that as exercise!  Shoveling is not easy and is definitely physical!  Then after work I did all 5 segments of "10 Minute Solutions: Knockout Body" with the weighted gloves. The five segments to this DVD are:

KNOCKOUT BODY BLAST
This kickboxing workout mixes combinations of cardio and strength moves for tightening and toning all-over.

FAT ATTACK
Punch, kick, and strike away flab. Fat cells don't stand a chance against this total body, cardio kickboxing routine!

FIERCE & FABULOUS ABS
This segment elevates the heart rate while attacking your abs and lower back to develop a strong, slim midsection with killer curves.

ULTIMATE UPPER BODY
Punches are the ultimate upper body workout! Sculpt a sizzling back, plus sexy arms and shoulders, with this boxing-inspired cardio sculpt segment.

KICKBOX CROSS TRAIN
Use cardio, core, endurance, and power moves in this cross-training combo. Develop your kickboxing form while you blast away fat and shape your knockout body.

Honestly, I think this might be my favorite workout.  But that might just be because I feel really bad ass working out with weighted gloves on.  And there's nothing better after a crappy day at work then pretending to punch your boss/coworkers in the face (with pink weighted gloves).  If you get this DVD though, I recommend "creating your own workout" (you can select which of the segments you want to play, and in which order) and always doing the "Kickbox Cross Train" section first, because it really breaks down the moves that you use in the other segments.

I also did Week 1 Day 2 of the Hundred Push Up Program.

Wednesday - I have a confession.  I had a bad day earlier in the week and ended up ordering 3 new workout DVDs (even though I really have been trying to cut back!)  Fi understands though, since he knew I was having a really bad day.  So Wednesday I did a Jackie Warner workout for the first time, "Personal Training with Jackie - Xtreme Time Saver Training"

This workout was hard.  And I like it better than Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred (and they're pretty comparable since they're both short workouts).  I'm pretty strong, and I even had to do the modifications for some of the moves.  But if you're looking for a hard, but short DVD I recommend this one.  I really didn't know I could sweat that much in 30 minutes!









Thursday - I did another one of my new Jackie DVDs: "Personal Training with Jackie: Crunch-Free Xtreme Abs" 
 I'm a little disappointed with this DVD to be quite honest.  It has 2 "crunch-free" ab workouts, one standing and one on the mat.  I did the one on the mat, and yeah, you weren't doing basic crunches, but you were doing different types of crunches.  And it was kind of boring.  I don't think it would really be possible to make a workout that was only ab work that wasn't boring, but I was a little disappointed all the same.  It was a good ab workout though.  I'm feeling it today (quite a bit actually)








And I finally did Week 1 Day 3 of the Hundred Push Up Program!!!!  And it was damn hard!  I can only imagine what week 2 is going to be like...but like I said, I'm determined to get back into my workout groove, and that includes completing this darn Push Up Program!

Today I probably won't workout, mainly because I worked out 5 days in a row for the first time in what feels like FOREVER, so I kind of want to die.  But hopefully next week I can do as well as I did this week!

Did you do any exciting/fun/hardcore workouts this week?

1 comment:

  1. I have tried the 100 pushups challenge twice and each time I give up around week 3. Instead now I just try to do 3 sets of 10 pushups 3 times a week. Hopefully you stay on better track than I did!

    ReplyDelete