About Me

My photo
I'm a 23 year old Business Systems Analyst planning a DIY-heavy wedding to the love of my life on 9 . 10 . 11. Other then wedding planning, I spend most of my time trying to stay in shape or playing with my 3 dogs...Gabby, Dudley, and Tyson. I hate cleaning and almost never go a day without wearing something purple, and I hope you can keep up with my ADD blogging style!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

My February Just Got Busier!

In the past few days since I originally showed off my lovely February calendar I've had to add a few more appointments for this month!  Luckily they aren't more doctor's appointments, instead they are meetings with potential Day of Coordinators!

After I posted about how I need a DOC, but strongly believe I shouldn't have to pay a small fortune for one since I'm doing all the work, they just need to execute my plans Kayleigh, author of Lovely Day for a Wedding, scolded me for being so close-minded.  And she was totally right.  You can't just look for a vendor on The Knot and then decide that every single one out there is out of your budget!

First I checked the Weddingbee Classifieds, but there was no one in my area.  Then I moved on to Craigslist, and I happened to find 3 potential DOCs that were willing to work with my budget.  They are obviously just starting out in the business, but like I said, I don't need a genius, just someone who can stay organized and follow directions!  Two of those meetings are this weekend!!!  So, here is my updated February, 2011 calendar:
Personal Creation, Hive stolen from Weddingbee
Now I am half tempted to throw together a binder full of inspiration, time lines, and lists all related to the wedding to bring to the meetings just to see if they freak out when I show them my plans or if they're able to keep their cool and understand my vision.  I don't know if it's the best idea to attempt to scare a potential vendor in your first meeting though.  But seriously, if I hire one of these ladies, they will be a very important person on our wedding day, and I can't afford to hire someone that might flake later one!

Have you found any vendors in unusual places (for budget or other reasons)?

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I think you should bring all your stuff so that they know exactly what they are getting into.

    ReplyDelete