About Me

My photo
I'm a 23 year old Business Systems Analyst planning a DIY-heavy wedding to the love of my life on 9 . 10 . 11. Other then wedding planning, I spend most of my time trying to stay in shape or playing with my 3 dogs...Gabby, Dudley, and Tyson. I hate cleaning and almost never go a day without wearing something purple, and I hope you can keep up with my ADD blogging style!

Friday, January 21, 2011

Fitness Recap Friday!

I'm going to warn you ahead of time...this is going to be a brief recap, because this past week was kind of a bust in terms of exercise.  But, we all have weeks like this at some point, and I'm not going to let it bring me down!

So, last Saturday I did 45 minutes of my newer Kundalini yoga DVD - Kundalini Yoga Cardio, Stretch, & Strengthen
Source
Basically it has sections for core work, stretching, upper body, cardio (which is kind of weird yoga dancing, haha) and of course relaxation.  I did everything except for the cardio.  I really enjoy it.  It isn't hardcore exercise, but I feel great afterwards.  Its very relaxing and Charles and Louie the cats love it too because in between segments you take a moment to meditate and they come sit on my lap.

Also on Saturday I did week 1 day 1 of the Hundred Pushup Program (in case you missed it, more on that here).  It wasn't easy but at the same time it wasn't hard either.  But what did I expect, it was the first day of the program!

Sunday I did not workout.  But I did spend a solid 4 hours in the kitchen baking home made cinnamon raisin bread and cleaning the kitchen.  Considering I thoroughly hate cleaning, this was unusual for me, so in my mind it sort of counts as exercise - it's certainly better then sitting on the couch watching marathons of the Jersey Shore!!!

Monday I did another new DVD (I'm cut off though, no new DVDs for a while).  It's another 10 Minute Solutions DVD, "10 Minute Solution: Pilates Perfect Body" to be exact.
Source
I really, really, really like this DVD.  As I've said in the past, I love the flexibility of the 10 Minute Solutions line, I also really love Pilates.  With Pilates you don't need much space, you don't need much more than a mat and a bottle of water, and I can feel my entire body work!  This DVD has sections for arms, belly, buns & thighs, silhouette (aka - total body), and stretch.  I did belly, silhouette, and stretch.

Then on top of the 30 minutes of Pilates I did Week 1 Day 2 of the Hundred Pushup Program.  This was a tad much harder then the first day.  But, you have to work in order to see results...and I really want to see the results of gaining upper body strength!

Tuesday I didn't technically workout.  But I did put together an Ikea desk:
Source
And sofa bed:
Source
And if you've ever put together Ikea furniture, you know it's hard work!!!  (In case you were wondering where these lovely Ikea pieces are going, they are now in my basement.  After cleaning up the spare room and basically having to crawl around while making my well wishes tags I decided I needed to redecorate the basement to make it more of a work space.  I'll share my excitement on how it all turned out in another post sometime though!)

Wednesday I got a bikini wax, and although I think that should count as cardio since it definitely raises my blood pressure no one else seems to agree with me.  So, technically, I didn't work out.

And I didn't workout yesterday either.  It was snowing, so I snuggled up with the dogs on the couch and watched TV (read: fell asleep really early on the couch).

Today I have to do the Hundred Pushup Program Week 1 Day 3 or else I'll be behind, so I plan on doing that after work.  But I probably won't do anything else!

Well it wasn't exactly a brief recap, but there wasn't much good workout content either...but I warned you ahead of time!

Do you count random things like putting together furniture as exercise?  Or was I just a completely lazy butt this week, haha?

1 comment:

  1. I had a lazy week this week too. Hopefully this weekend will be better! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete