About Me

My photo
I'm a 23 year old Business Systems Analyst planning a DIY-heavy wedding to the love of my life on 9 . 10 . 11. Other then wedding planning, I spend most of my time trying to stay in shape or playing with my 3 dogs...Gabby, Dudley, and Tyson. I hate cleaning and almost never go a day without wearing something purple, and I hope you can keep up with my ADD blogging style!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

With THIS Ring, I Thee Wed...

So, I have the best fiance ever who (with some direction) picked out my IDEAL engagement ring.  Here is my beauty:
Source

Source
And I promise I'll take better pictures of my actual ring eventually, but this is the best I can do for you right now:
Obviously this is a personal crappy cell phone picture
And the Tacori wedding band that is supposed to go with it is really gorgeous:
Source

Source
...but it's like $3,000.  Yeah, that is NOT in our budget (not to mention, it's completely ridiculous!!!!).  I already have one super expensive ring, I don't need another.

But, having such a detailed engagement ring means I can't just go pick any old wedding band out of a jewelry store and call it a day.  Instead I have to go the custom route (oh poor me, hehehe).

So, I put an alchemy request on Etsy with a picture of my engagement ring, a budget, and basically said if you have ideas, put a bid on my request!  I was lucky enough to have the talented Adzia Atelier put in a bid, and I basically fell head over heels in love with a band that she had in her shop:
Source
Except instead of diamonds I wanted alternating amethyst and white sapphire (amethyst is my birthstone {and purple is my favorite color} and sapphire is the fiance's birthstone).  So not only would it add a pop of color, it would also be sentimental having both of our birthstones on my band.  And I wanted the design updated a bit to look more Tacori-like.  And this morning I woke up to these lovely pictures:
CAD Rendering by Adzia

CAD Rendering by Adzia
I nearly peed my pants I was so excited!  It is almost perfect, the only thing I want to add is the milgrain detailing that is on the edges of my engagement ring and the band that is supposed to go with it. Apart from that, it is seriously perfect.  What do you guys think?

Did anyone else go the custom wedding band route like me?  Was your experience as hassle free as mine has been so far?

1 comment: