About Me

My photo
I'm a 23 year old Business Systems Analyst planning a DIY-heavy wedding to the love of my life on 9 . 10 . 11. Other then wedding planning, I spend most of my time trying to stay in shape or playing with my 3 dogs...Gabby, Dudley, and Tyson. I hate cleaning and almost never go a day without wearing something purple, and I hope you can keep up with my ADD blogging style!

Monday, January 17, 2011

Spare Bedroom/Office/Wedding Central

Just an upfront warning, today is going to be a multiple blog post kind of day.  Mainly because I don't have work (yay MLK Day) and in turn I'm getting a TON done!  Anywho...back to topic...

So, fi and I live in a pretty small house.  It works for us, and I love it.  It has 2 bedrooms, 1 full bathroom, a kitchen, a living room, and a finished basement.  Our spare bedroom has become a quasi-office and it happens to be where I store all of our wedding stuff.  A few hours ago, this is what it looked like:

Why yes, that is a bunch of wedding supplies shoved in the corner

And here you find a bunch of glassware...

And the crafting supplies reach all the way down the length of the room
Needless to say, it was messy.  I had just been throwing things in the corner as I acquired them.  This really isn't the best way to deal with having very little space to work with, so I decided to start my day off by organizing everything.  Up first was the glassware.  I've been slowly acquiring cylinder vases to use for our centerpieces from Marshall's and TJ Maxx:
"GABBY GET AWAY FROM THOSE!!!!"

As well as a random assortment of apothecary jars to use for our candy buffet:

Well, organizing the glassware was actually pretty simple, but it looks a million times better now:

B-e-a-utiful
Since I got that out of the way easily enough, it was now time to tackle the mess that was the other side of the bed.  I started by pulling everything out of the corner and categorizing it:

And then I tried to organize it by category:


And then everything fit nicely back into the corner!!! (In case you were wondering there is also a trunk back in the corner with spare sheets/blankets/etc):

So, a little recap:

I'm quite happy with myself!  Obviously, judging by the horrible coloring, all photos were taken by moi!

Where do you keep all your wedding stuff?  Is it a mess or do you somehow keep yourself organized?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, all of my stuff is stuffed in my little office nook on the side of the dining room. It is such a mess! My plan is to slowly but surely tackle it over the next few weeks!

    Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leana - it's just so easy to cram stuff in the corner of a room, lol! But I have to admit, it is MUCH nicer to have it organized!

    ReplyDelete