About Me

My photo
I'm a 23 year old Business Systems Analyst planning a DIY-heavy wedding to the love of my life on 9 . 10 . 11. Other then wedding planning, I spend most of my time trying to stay in shape or playing with my 3 dogs...Gabby, Dudley, and Tyson. I hate cleaning and almost never go a day without wearing something purple, and I hope you can keep up with my ADD blogging style!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Stylish Blog Award (and of course 7 random facts about me!)

I got tagged by Miss Tattoo author of Tattoos and Lace.
And now onto the ever exciting 7 random facts about moi...

1.  I started tap dancing when I was 3 years old (I'm not sure if what we did really counts as tap dancing, but they said it was) and didn't stop until I graduated high school.  Even throughout college I would take the occasional "adult class" at a local University that offered dance classes to the public.  And if I had the time I would definitely still do it.

2.  I went to the same summer camp for 7 years and then worked there for 2 as a counselor.  Some of my best memories from growing up are there, and I met some of the most important people in my life there.  I can honestly say, I don't think I'd be who I am today if it weren't for that camp.
Source
3.  Doughnuts are my biggest weakness.  Seriously.  I love them more then any other sweet or dessert out there.  I've had to avoid them like the plague in order to be successful dieting.
Source
4.  I have 5 tattoos.  They are all completely covered when I wear a suit (aka work clothes) which I like.  When I want to be "professional" people would never even guess that I had any tattoos never mind 5 (never mind an orchid that goes from my mid thigh to my armpit)!  I actually got my first when I was 16 on a school trip to Canada...yeah, that's a fun story...

5.  My dream is to someday open a doggy daycare.  I would do daycare during the day, have obedience classes at night, and also run a rescue that saved litters of puppies from high kill shelters throughout the south (and then foster them until I could find them forever homes).  I hope that someday I can actually do it - probably not until all my school loans are paid off though.

6.  I have some pretty hardcore road rage when I drive.  Things that top the list of actions that will make me scream while I'm driving include (but are not limited to): people who don't use their turn signals, people who gridlock, people who STOP on an on-ramp because they're afraid of the moving traffic on the highway (you're actually making things much worse for yourself stupid), people who ride my a** on the highway (or any street for that matter), people who drive below the speed limit in the passing lane, people who can't drive in inclement weather but try to anyway...the list goes on and on.
Source
7.  I don't have a gallbladder; it was removed when I was 20 due to severe gallstones (yeah, in case you are wondering, that is not normal for a healthy 20 year old).  The only other surgery I've had was when I was 5 and had my umbilical hernia repaired.  I hope to never have surgery again that requires me to go under, because general anesthesia makes me incredibly ill...for days...it's horrible.

Now I am tagging:

Leanna author of Engineer + Geek Tie the Knot
Mallory author of That's What She Said is Gettin' Hitched
And Natalie (aka Miss. Biscuit on Weddingbee) author of Semi-Homemade Wedding

1 comment:

  1. Aaahhhh how did I not see I was tagged. Fail x 10. Thanks so much and I will work on this "post" haste (I'm punny, I know)!

    ReplyDelete