About Me

My photo
I'm a 23 year old Business Systems Analyst planning a DIY-heavy wedding to the love of my life on 9 . 10 . 11. Other then wedding planning, I spend most of my time trying to stay in shape or playing with my 3 dogs...Gabby, Dudley, and Tyson. I hate cleaning and almost never go a day without wearing something purple, and I hope you can keep up with my ADD blogging style!

Monday, January 17, 2011

Wedding Wish Tags

As promised, I decided to get back on track with my DIY timeline this weekend by making the tags for my Wedding Wish Tree.  I had already come up with the basic design for them:
Personal Creation
And I got my paper and the hanger things in the mail as well as a Cricut Cartridge (Lacy Labels) from Walmart yesterday, so I was good to go.

First I knew I had to do some practice cuts to make a final decision on how big I want the tags to be and then to be able to figure out where on the page I needed to have the design printed in order for the cricut to cut them out properly.  Sounds simple enough, right?  Wrong!

My cricut is broken!!!  And I spent almost an hour and a half (mainly on hold) with their support desk to figure out some spring is broken, but luckily they'll pay for me to send my machine in and they'll just send me a new machine.  And even more luckily, I was able to push down on the "arm" to make my practice cuts, so I was at least able to do my calculations and print out all the tags.  I'm going to wait to get the new machine before I cut them all though!

So, step one, cut out one sheet worth of tags in order to measure out where the design needs to be placed on the paper:
Then I had to make some minor adjustments to the design so that it would fit, and then put the design in the exact right place so it would be cut out properly.  At least this time I was smart enough to not use the expensive, pretty paper for a practice run.  And they lined up perfectly!

Figuring out the printer settings to print on metallic card stock was harder then making the actual design.  Seriously, it took forever. But, the printing turned out better then I expected:
And I had to see at least one batch 100% finished so I sent it through the cricut (while pressing down on the arm so that it would actually cut) and I'm happy to announce I LOVE THEM!

And with the hanger thingies just for a quick peek (I'm not sure when I'm going to actually put the hanger things on them):

I'm super happy with how they turned out!

How are your DIY projects coming along?

PS - all photos taken by yours truly!

No comments:

Post a Comment