About Me

My photo
I'm a 23 year old Business Systems Analyst planning a DIY-heavy wedding to the love of my life on 9 . 10 . 11. Other then wedding planning, I spend most of my time trying to stay in shape or playing with my 3 dogs...Gabby, Dudley, and Tyson. I hate cleaning and almost never go a day without wearing something purple, and I hope you can keep up with my ADD blogging style!

Saturday, January 22, 2011

With THIS Ring...Part II

In case you missed it, make sure you read Part I to catch up before getting into the nitty-gritty of this post...

So, Adzia (the jeweler) and I didn't have the best week.  She kept saying that she should be completing the ring "tomorrow" and then the next day I wouldn't hear from her until I sent her a message asking what was up.  I fully understand that she is probably incredibly busy, since her work is gorgeous, and seriously  my wedding isn't until September so there really shouldn't be a rush.  But as I've said before, I hate waiting.

The thing that bothered me most was that she would just not contact me at all, leaving me wondering if maybe she had finished and forgot to message me or what.  So by Friday (When I was originally promised I would get to see my ring by Tuesday) I went a little Veruca Salt on her...
Source
Okay, so I wasn't that bad.  But I did send her the following message:
Adzia,

I understand that you are very busy, but I also hope that you understand that this ring is incredibly important to me. Even if the ring isn't completed I would appreciate an update when you promise one (such as yesterday). I am fully aware that things come up, but you have continually not communicated with me when you said you would and I would really like it if you gave me updates when you promise them.

Thanks,
Amanda
21 January 2011 1:14pm EDT


And apparently that was the push she needed because she finished my ring last night and uploaded pictures of it.  Here she is...



Source for all 4 images
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just hope it doesn't take her a week and a stern message from me to ship it...because now that I've seen it I want it in my possession (haha, I really am turning into Veruca).  And don't you worry, once it is in my possession I will have oodles of pictures to share with you (while playing with different settings on my new camera).

But on a more serious note, this is my wedding band.  This is the ring that the love of my life will place on my finger when we get married.  This ring is the symbol that I have pledged the rest of my life to him...that's a big deal, and honestly, I can't wait.  I love my fiance so much and I'm so ready to spend the rest of my life with him.

Have there been any parts of planning that have brought out your inner Veruca Salt?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful ring! So glad you were able to finally hear back about it, and hopefully it will be on its way to you soon!

    ReplyDelete